Saturday, August 18, 2007

Cat Up a Tree

Cat Up a Tree

You once were exotic
Guess it is a bit ironic…

I played with you a little
Fill my mind with tiny riddles
Eyes like glass, a goofy smile
More it seems your number dialed

In beginning gave me feelings that I’d never felt before
And never feel again!
And still I date you more and more

Chasing something that’s behind me
Like a cat runs up a tree
For at the top I look to see
Coming down is not so easy

Now you have a voice
I give in, I have no choice
Next morning swear your gone
Till at night I hear your song
Almost half knows that its wrong
But even more is feeling drawn

Give it back my soul possession
Here it is a true confession
Learned a lesson,
But the hard way

So up this tree I’m trapped
Alone, a course unmapped

Your not alone you still have me
Don’t you like it up this tree
Listen close I’ll set you free

It’s so boring on the ground
So much talking, not a sound
Had me lost, but now I’m found
I’ll bring you home In just a while
Truth I speak.... its only but a mile
So relax, enjoy your time with glassy eyes and goofy smile

No comments: